This is a great and easy peppercorn sauce to serve with your steak for Valentines Day, or any other special meal.
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 finely chopped clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of green peppercorns, crushed
- oil and butter
- splash of brandy
- 250 ml Stock
- Worcester sauce
- Dijon mustard
- cream (optional)
- Cook your steak in a heavy bottomed frying pan to the desired done-ness.
- Remove the steak and leave to rest whilst you make the sauce.
- Put some oil and butter in the pan, add the shallot and garlic and the crushed peppercorns and fry until the shallot has become translucent.
- Add a splash of brandy to the pan, and allow the alcohol to burn off.
- Add 250ml of stock and a tablespoon of Worcester sauce, and cook until it has reduced by half.
- At this point check the seasoning, add a good tablespoon of Dijon mustard and stir in some double cream if you want the sauce to be more indulgent.
- Serve with your steak and french fries.