We are recruiting a brand new butchery apprentice to join our happy, award-winning team. Opportunities like this don’t come along every day, BUT if you fancy learning the trade and want to go far in your career, then just get in touch with us to find out more about the role.
You will work 35 hours a week (including Saturdays) and have one working day each week dedicated to allowing you to complete coursework and pursue your butchery studies for your MEAT Ipswich Butchery Qualification.
You will work across all areas of the team to get a full understanding of how a modern butchery business works: including sourcing, costings, hygiene, bakery & charcuterie.
- Meat preparation and production across all areas of the business: raw, cooked, bakery and charcuterie
- Cleaning, washing & equipment maintenance
- Understanding sourcing, costings, display, hygiene practices and all elements of the apprentice training programme
- We will partner with MEAT Ipswich for your training programme: bringing in the very best of tuition and support
- 35 hours per week, paid at above the usual apprentice rate
- Opportunity for extra hours in December and other busy periods
- Ongoing training following your qualification
- Excellent staff discount
If you meet the following criteria, we’d love to hear from you:
- Able to follow instructions and with excellent attention to detail
- Polite and friendly
- Reliable and enthusiastic
- Have a keen interest in modern butchery and good food
Visit the shop or call Emma on 01943 609436 for further details on the scheme:
Call: 01943 609436 between 7.30 am and 5.30 pm