Wanted: Part-time Office Manager
Fancy coming to work at Britain’s Best Butchers Shop? Are you a master of admin who is just as happy at a computer as they are on the phone? Our Office Manager is off on maternity leave in November and we’re looking for a smiley, sunny soul who uses their initiative to get things done.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate would start the role in October with a training/ handover period; however there is flex for the right candidate to start sooner. You would be contracted for 15 months, until January 2020.
- Various aspects of admin to ensure the smooth running of the butcher’s shop and office
- Website updates, using WordPress (full training will be given)
- Sending e-shots (using Mailchimp) to advertise new products & special events
- Coordinating & managing the Christmas order process; from receipt of customer orders through to collection of the orders themselves
- Setting up Trade Accounts & checking credit references
- Overseeing record keeping to ensure adherence to EHO regulations
- HR & pension related admin tasks each month
- Ad hoc marketing duties – award entries, event bookings, copywriting etc
- Around 15-20 hours per week, including Mondays (preferably): please detail what hours you can work on your cover letter
- Hours will increase during busy periods (particularly during December), so flexibility is key
- Competitive rate of pay: actual hourly rate would be discussed during final interview
- Excellent staff discount
If you meet the following criteria, we’d love to hear from you:
- Comfortable using all Microsoft Office programmes – especially MS Word, Excel & Access
- Full training in WordPress & Mailchimp will be given, but any previous experience would be an advantage
- Customer-focused with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional outlook
- Polite & friendly, with a keen interest in good food
- Reliable & enthusiastic
- It’s a really varied role – you’ll never be bored!
If you’re interested, or know someone who might be, Send us a message or call Alex for further details on the role.